♪♪ Master Sinfonia Chamber Orchestra ♪♪
2018 YOUNG ARTIST CONCERTO COMPETITION
Open to Strings, Woodwinds, Brass and Piano
The Master Sinfonia Chamber Orchestra, under the leadership of David Ramadanoff, Music Director and Conductor, is announcing the 2018 Master Sinfonia Young Artist Concerto Competition.
The first-place winner of the competition will be featured soloist with the Master Sinfonia Chamber Orchestra in its subscription concerts in a 2018-19 subscription concert set. The Second and Third Place winners will receive mention in the concert programs for the 2018-19 season.
The competition is open to string, woodwind and brass players and pianists from San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. Contestants must be 15 to 20 years of age.
Preliminary video round:
- Each contestant must submit a video performance of an entire concerto the contestant wishes to perform with MSCO.
- The deadline for submission is Tuesday, April 3, 2018.
- The preferred submittal method is to upload your video to YouTube. Create a video of the composition you wish to play with the orchestra. Mark the video “Unlisted”, and include the YouTube link as part of your application.
- If you have problems uploading to YouTube, please email email@example.com to work with us on other ways to submit your video.
- Submit a completed application form, including a link to a video of your preliminary round performance
- Include a $50 check, payable to “Master Sinfonia Chamber Orchestra” or “MSCO”
- Mail application form and check to 5221 Rafton Drive, San Jose, CA 95124
- Click here to view, download or print the application form. MSCO 2018 Competition Application Form
- Contestants will be notified whether they have qualified for the final round by email an d/or phone by Tuesday, April 10, 2018.
- Each finalist will present a live performance of the full concerto with piano accompaniment on Sunday, April 22, 2018.
- Competition winners will be notified on or shortly after the April 22 finals.
MSCO reserves the right to not award a particular prize or any of the prizes if the judges feel that there is no qualified winner.
If you have any questions about the competition, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org