The Second Annual
Master Sinfonia Chamber Orchestra Concerto Competition
The Master Sinfonia Chamber Orchestra, under the leadership of David Ramadanoff, Music Director and Conductor, is announcing its second annual Master Sinfonia Concerto Competition in the upcoming 2017–2018 season.
The first-place winner of the competition will be featured soloist with the Master Sinfonia Chamber Orchestra in its subscription concerts on March 3rd and 4th, 2018.The Second and Third Place winners will receive mention in the program for the March concerts.
The competition is open to string, woodwind and brass players and pianists from San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. Contestants must be between the ages of 15 and 20.
Preliminary video round:
- Each contestant must submit a video performance of an entire concerto the contestant wishes to perform with MSCO.
- The deadline for submission is Saturday, September 16, 2017.
- The preferred submittal method is to upload your video to YouTube. Create a video of the composition you wish to play with the orchestra. Mark the video “Unlisted”, and include the YouTube link as part of your application.
- If you have problems uploading to YouTube, please email email@example.com to work with us on other ways to submit your video.
- Contestants will be notified whether they have qualified for the final round by email and/or phone by September 25th, 2017.
- Each finalist will present a live performance of the full concerto with piano accompaniment on Sunday October 8th.
- Competition winners will be notified on or shortly after the October 8 finals.
MSCO reserves the right to not award a particular prize or any of the prizes if the judges feel that there is no qualified winner.
- Submit a completed application form, including a link to a video of your preliminary round performance
- Include a $50 check, payable to “Master Sinfonia Chamber Orchestra” or “MSCO”
If you have any questions about the competition, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NAME __________________________________________AGE _________
HOME PHONE (______) _______________EMAIL__________________________________
GUARDIAN NAME & EMAIL___________________________________________________
CITY _______________________________________________________ZIP __________________
INSTRUMENT _______________________________________ SCHOOL GRADE_________
PRIVATE TEACHER/SCHOOL ENSEMBLE DIRECTOR _______________________
COMPOSITION ____________________________ COMPOSER ________________________
ACCOMPANIST NAME __________________________________________________________
YOUTUBE LINK FOR PRELIMINARY ROUND _________________________________
Mail application form and check to 5221 Rafton Drive, San Jose, CA 95124